- When deep frying foods, add a pinch of salt to the oil. This prevents excess splattering.
- Onions got you cryin’? Next time, light a candle near your cutting board when slicing or chopping onions. The gas released by the onion is drawn into the flame of the candle.
- Salt is vital to all recipes not only savory ones. Adding a tiny pinch of salt to desserts intensifies their flavor tremendously.
- For Tostones, that are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, soak sliced and peeled plantains in salted water for at least 30 minutes before frying. Be sure to pat them dry first to avoid splattering oil.
- Pasta should be cooked in salted boiling water and stirred frequently to avoid sticking. Never add oil to the water.