BBQ Chicken and Black Bean Tostadas
When my girls were growing up, packing a school lunch was always one of the motherly acts of love I treasured. Granted, some days all I could muster was a PB & J (crusts removed, of course), but I always tried to add something special for them — a little note, funny drawing or small treat.
Even though my daughters are all grown up now, they still remember those school lunches with such fondness. You never know what may develop into a great childhood memory, but, if your kids are anything like mine, it will involve food.
Create special lunchtime memories of your own with these fun and easy school lunch ideas for your kids! These recipes are the ultimate brown bag upgrade, especially when packed in chic Target lunch boxes.
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 tbsp. Market Pantry BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup Market Pantry shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp. Market Pantry ranch dressing
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 canned Market Pantry black beans drained
- 4 medium corn tostadas
- Lemon juice (to drizzle)
- Combine the chicken with the BBQ sauce and place in one side of the container.
- Drain the black beans and place in another side of the container.
- Cut and dice the avocado and place in the third side of the container. Avocado Tip: Squeeze a little lemon juice over diced avocado before placing in a small plastic re-sealable container to keep its vibrant green color.
- Place corn tostadas in one plastic bag and shredded cheese in another plastic bag.
- When ready to serve, place corn tostadas on a flat surface and add 1 1/2 tbsp. of the chicken mixture and 1 1/2 tbsp. of the bean mixture. Add as much or as little avocado as desired.
- Top with shredded cheese and roll up. Drizzle ranch. Repeat with the remaining tostadas.