< Return to All Recipes
Fried Rice with Chicken and Ham
Recipe type: Side dish, Lunch, Dinner
- 5 cups cooked jasmine rice that has been cooled to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sweet white onion like Vidalia
- 3 tablespoons scallions
- 1 chicken breast (a store bought rotisserie chicken breast saves time)
- ½ cup thick sliced deli ham
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or more as needed
For Shrimp Sauce:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- pinch granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Place IMUSA Wok on stove over medium high heat. Heat peanut oil add the scallions and onions and cook until translucent
- add the beaten egg until lightly scrambled followed by the chicken and ham.
- Add the rice breaking up with an IMUSA wooden Asian spatula and continue stirring until all the ingredients are well combined and the rice is very hot.
- Add the soy sauce all over the rice while stirring quickly.
- Serve with shrimp sauce on the side: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until very smooth. Serve with fried rice.