< Return to All Recipes
Marinated Pork “Carnitas” Fajitas with Cilantro Sour Cream
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cola (plus more as needed)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 flour tortillas (fajita size)
- Shredded lettuce
- Pico de gallo, or bottled chunky style salsa
- Shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Chopped cilantro
- Sour cream
- Combine all wet ingredients with a whisk and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Cut the pork into 1 inch cubes. Dust meat with the dry rub
- Add seasoned meat to marinade and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight
- Remove meat from the marinade and reserve a ¼ of the marinade
- Pat dry pok
- Heat 2 T. of olive oil in the IMUSA cast iron fajita pan over medium high heat. Add pork in single layer batches and brown completely on all sides- about 15 minutes.
- Add reserved marinade and simmer over low heat for another 15 to 20 minutes adding a splash of cola as needed while cooking to keep fajita pan from drying out.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas, cilantro sour cream, red onion, pico de gallo and shredded lettuce.
- For cilantro sour cream: Combine ½ a cup of sour cream with 3 T chopped fresh cilantro and ½ a t of salt.