< Return to All Recipes
Miso Snapper with Asian Vegetables
Recipe type: Dinner, Lunch
- (4) 6 ounce Snapper Filets (or any form white fish like cod or halibut work well too)
- ½ cup white miso paste
- ¼ cup Mirin (sweet rice wine, available at most grocery stores)
- 1½ tablespoons fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons scallions
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- In a large bowl, combine peanut oil, rice wine vinegar (not Mirin), soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Toss vegetables (except for the bok Choy leaves) in the marinade.
- In a separate bowl, combine miso paste, mirin ginger and scallions. Pour marinade over fish. Allow both the vegetables and fish to marinade for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Place a bed of bok Choy in the bottom of the steamer and place the marinated fish over it. Discard excess marinade.
- Drain the vegetables and place in the top portion of the bamboo steamer (carrots first, then peas, topped with chopped bok Choy)
- Place steamer over a 14 inch IMUSA wok with 2 inches of water. Bring water to a boil over medium high heat. Once water is boiling and steam is visible reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for 10 to 12 minutes. Turn off heat and remove steamer from wok.
- Place bamboo steamer over a large plate and serve with jasmine rice.